Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drivers!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 16, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: New York

One hand on wheel, one finger out window: Chicago

One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston

One hand on wheel, cradling cell phone,brick on accelerator:
    California

With gun in lap:
    L.A.

Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California.

Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat:
    Italy

One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on game:
    Seattle

One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both on the brake, throwing a McDonalds bag out the window:
    Texas city male

One hand on wheel, one hand hanging out the window, keeping speed steadily at 70mph, driving down the center of the road unless coming around a blind curve, in which case they are on the left side of the road:
    Texas country male

One hand constantly refocusing the rear-view mirror to show different angles of the BIG hair, one hand going between mousse, brush, and rat-tail to keep the helmet hair going, both feet on the accelerator, poodle steering the car, chrome .38 revolver with mother of pearl inlaid handle in the glove compartment:
    Texas female

Both hands on steering wheel in a relaxed posture, eyes constantly checking the rear-view mirror to watch for visible emissions from their own or another's car:
    Colorado

One hand on steering wheel, yelling obscenities, the other hand waving gun out the window and firing repeatedly, keeping a careful eye out for landmarks along the way so as to be able to come back and pick up any bullets that didn't hit other motorists so as not to litter:
    Colorado resident on spotting a car with Texas plate.

Four wheel drive pickup truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna:
    West Virginia male.

Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above window level, driving 35 on the interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on:
    Florida "seasoned citizen" driver, also known as "no-see-um"

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Eh, the first couple were funny (i'm from boston, have driven in NY and LA, and can attest to how true all those are. Lost me with the texas stuff though. Prob. bc I have never driven there. And do people from colorado really hate texans that much? I thought this is where they came to vacation? :confused: An I thouhgt Boulder is the only place in CO with all the eco-nazis, the rest of the state seems very conservative.

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I am not a Colorado native, but I will prob live here the rest ofmy life. YES, Texans are a plague here.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I still have my Texas plates....guess I better look out.

Like the sticker says : "Not a Native! but got here as fast as I could"

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

You forgot the Iowa Country Male: one hand on the wheel, one resting on the rolled down window, foot on the gas, barreling down a gravel road not really paying attention to the speedo...or at least tahts me and my buddys from highschool and college, whether thats good or bad idk

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

That's OK, we can tell by looking at the rig whether you moved here, or are just on vacation. If you are not towing 2 trailers at 35 in a 55 zone, you obviously belong here. I hate summers here, cause all the tourists and second home owners just flood this town with stupid. Hunting seasopn is a little better cause they come into town to load up the coolers and then head for the hills.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

#1 and 2 can go for residents of Boone. #6 and 8 would represent the Floridiots that come to Boone to see the leaves........

....and that about sums it up.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

One hand on horn; one finger out window: New Orleans

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I was almost killed a couple times in Italy by these types...

10. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

L.A.
    One foot on the gas, one foot on the brake, both pressed at the same time. One hand on the cell phone one hand holding an In-and-out burger, steering with both knees.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't you mean having fun fishtailing down a gravel road.

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well ya...that too...just around corners anymore though...StateTroopers kinda get pissed at when they see ya doing that stuff though...My first ticket: Careless Driving for fishtailing down a gravel road :doah: