Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft after 205 conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Dec 11, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Im going to replace my 203 with a 205 and was wondering about driveshafts. I've heard shorter in the rear, longering the front. But doesn't the way the driveshaft mounts to the t-case differ from the 203 to 205? Im hoping since my driveshaft is already so far strecthed out with 6.5" of lift on the stock drive shaft, it might be the right length after the conversion. Is there any hope with that? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

When I did the conversion on my K10 the front had to be shortened and I got a newer suburban shaft shortened for the rear since my 205 is a slip yoke version. But I'm sure if you went with fixed yoke the shaft would have to be lengthened. If you get a 205 that uses a flange mount for the front then the flange mount 203 shaft will bolt up to it.

3. Geno

Geno Registered Member

I put a 205 in my 74 jimmy. My 203 had a fixed front driveshaft mount, the newer 203's have a flange mount. I had to have a longer rear shaft, (used a pickup driveshaft and had it shortened), On the front I had to cut my shaft shorter. Hope this helps! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif