Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft angles...8in lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kevin_saun, Feb 23, 2004.

1. kevin_saun

kevin_saun Registered Member

Im currently building a blazer with an 8in susp lift, did a shackle reversal in back, add-leafs,homemade saddles, 8in superlift springs in front. have a th350, np203, 10bolt frt(4 now) 9.5in 14bolt rear(4 now) plan on switching to 14bolt ff somtime. I ve gotten as far as setting my driveline angles( my saddles are cut off rear end and not rewelded, (so turning rear end not a problem)cv shaft in the front.I plan to run this on the road, shrt drives, to work and back occasionaly. My problems are...opinions on a rear cv shaft? is it a deffinate must have? if so how do u set angles 4 a rear cv shaft? and do i set my angles differently if i plan to use some sort of traction bars? waht about lowering the t-case? any help would be greatly appreciated, feel free to email kevin_saun@hotmail.com thxs in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think the CV shaft is a very good idea in the back. You want the pinion pointing straight at the output shaft of the transfer case.

3. kevin_saun

straight at it? I thought u leave the pinion a few degrees down from straight

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the CV shaft is a very good idea in the back. You want the pinion pointing straight at the output shaft of the transfer case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you meant is that you'll want the pinion 1 to 2 degrees below pointing directly at the DRIVESHAFT not transmission output.

5. kevin_saun