Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft angles and a shackle flip, help please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 20, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright I am planning to run a homebrew shackle flip in conjunction with my rear springs I have now(give like 1.5" of lift) and a zero rate to get 6" out of the rear. Anyone have an idea what this combo will net me with pinion angle? I know I will probably have to just look at it and order shims or get my zero rates custom cut when I am all said and done but anyone have a fair idea?

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Most shakle flips will point the pinion at the TC. If you don't have a rear CV shaft, there's a good reason to get one.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yes it is but one of those costs a pretty penny don't they? And do places make slip yoke CVs? Don't feel like doing a SYE on the 208.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes it is but one of those costs a pretty penny don't they? And do places make slip yoke CVs? Don't feel like doing a SYE on the 208.

[/ QUOTE ]I think high angle does a slip joint CV shaft. Don't know the cost but someone else should jump in here.