Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft ate the pavement?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gaine7, Jun 13, 2001.

1. gaine7

gaine7 Registered Member

I've been riding high in my 79 K5 now for 3 weeks, (4" susp. lift and 35" tires) and now my rear driveshaft fell out while I was backing up a hill. I know why it fell out, but how come no one told me this was going to happen. I guess I have to get it extended? Some garage told me it was going to cost about $150 to get the driveshaft extended...is this about right? as my dad always said fix one thing another thing breaks.....

Jim
    Clemson K5

Clemson K5 1979

2. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

I am also curious about this. I just put on a 6" lift. I droped the tcase 1 1/2". I have already driven it about 100 miles and it drives great w/ no vibration at all. Do I need to budget for a new shaft? any recomendations on type/cost?

BlazingWolf

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Talk to Jess at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://highangledriveline.com/>http://highangledriveline.com/</A> He is a member of this site. Tell him you heard about him from this site. He will take care of you.......Dan

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I got my front drive shaft from high angle and it is great
    I highly recommend them.

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you