Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft breaking!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Nov 28, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

long story short...
    had Arizona Drivelines build a longspline rockcrawler set of driveshafts. Drilled and tapped np208 tailshaft and used a bolt to eliminate slip yoke. Drove to Moab for Easter Jeep safari. Broke bolt on yoke. took it back and managed to get it repaired for free and get a spare yoke for free. Out last weekend and the C.V. H-yoke shatters. Took it back and they say it probably bottomed out. I am running revolvers and a shackle flip, stockoverloads flipped too. what is happening?

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

god i spent around 650 bucks for the driveshaft. While lubing the cv i dropped it and damaged the ball in the c.v. That cost me 150 to fix... If they dont fix it for free i'll make something out of it and go back to Dicks Drivelines or Driveline Service of Phoenix... I want someone to build something that lasts. I have minimal axle wrap and a low horsepower 350. This sucks. I cant see spending 1000 on a freaking driveshaft that continues to have quality issues.

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can vouch for Jesse's work at high-angle-driveline and it is top notch. He was very patient talking to me on the phone too to make sure I got exactly what I needed for my application.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

5. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

gotta wonder what operating angles you are running
    what size cv joints? 1310s?
    something isnt right

6. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

7. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

hey jesse
    on this forum you need to reply to the person
    you replied to me which sent a notification to me rather then the guy that requires your assistance.
    try again

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Hey Jess... since we are semi on the subject, I know you were thinking aboutmaking some slipe yoke One ton CV's. Any update on that? Thanks

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

9. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status