Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft differences

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Roostr84, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Is there a difference in shafts between the th350 and 465 tranny's? I am about to swap my auto out and have never really thought about this.

2. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

I just got one from Chevyracing that I think was from the 465. The long end of the shaft was shorter then the one from my HT350, but when extended was longer then mine (which had a bent spline and wouldn't extend more then an inch).

I haven't figured out if it is indeed long enough. I was hoping it would be since I'm going with stock height, but I haven't done any max calculations yet to ensure I'm safe.

I may have a "like new" front drive shaft for a 465 available... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

So where are you at?

I've got an album on the gallery under "drivetrain" that shows the differences. I figured out that I had 3/4" extra travel with the stock height, with the shorter one.

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Well right now I have the body off of the frame. And am in the process of pulling the original 307/th350/205. I thought that since I am doing a lift as well I should wait to get that on and measure the distances before anything else. Sorry I didn't realize you had been waiting for a reply. I'll check out the album though. Thanks

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

When I went from a T350/205 to a SM465/205 my front shaft fit fine. I had to change the rear shaft cause I went from a 1/2 ton TC to a 3/4 ton TC and it had 1350 ujoints on the rear. As did the 3/4 ton eaton rear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif