Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft help in Portland

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by colbystephens, Jan 15, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok - so i don't have a vice, and even if i went and purchased one i don't have a place to set it up in my 330 sq ft of grandious college housing. i need to put my converstion u-joint on my driveshaft so i can run my 14bff. on top of that, i don't really know how to change a ujoint. thus, here i am. can someone assist me with this? i'd be forever grateful. i'm willing to travel a bit for help, so shoot me a pm! :)

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

pm'ed ya

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Do you own a socket set and a hammer? That is all it takes to change out a u-joint. Takes 2 sockets, one larger than the u-joint cap and one slightly smaller than the cap...

put the smaller one on top of the joint and drive it into the larger socket... then remove that cap and try to remove it from inside the yoke.

I usually do that sitting at the side of the vehicle after removing the driveshaft.

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i suppose that would work - hadn't really thought of that. anyway - muddytazz hooked me up today w/ his press and whatnot.