Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft help to swap in 14 bolt...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, Dec 13, 2002.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have a 10 bolt, I'm getting a 14 bolt SF... Will I need to shorten my driveshaft? What's the snout length with the 14 bolt over the 10 bolt? Anyone with a 3/4 ton burb with a non-lengthened driveshaft, could you measure your driveshaft from the back yoke bolt surface to the front yoke before the slip yoke? I'll compare it to mine...

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

I put a 14FF under my 91 1/2 ton Sub had no driveshaft issues other than the custom (Napa 447) U-Joint. Length was fine, but don't have measurement (and a tad cold here in Wisconsin to go out & measure tonight!!).
    When checking for fit, i marked with a steel rule straight across on the front flange to the spring and marked with chalk. put the 14 under and checked against that mark, and it matched perfectly! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif