Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft help??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kustom71, Dec 13, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

I posted this in the GARAGE so more people would see it!
    Anyone know where i can get the seal for the rear driveshaft?The seal goes in the cup where the splines go together so grease wont come out????Truck is a 77 k10 with a np203,t350.Also can i just lock up the front driveshaft hubs with it in 4wd to drive till i find the part???Wont mess anything up will it?
    Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I just read your post in the Garage, and what I originally posted was way off base. I thought you were talking about a slip yoke driveshaft, like on a NP208.

In other words, just ignore this post. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rick

3. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

have you tried napa?

4. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

been to napa but the ricer lovin kids that work there dont even know where the catalogs are(sitting on a big rack right in front of thier faces)Its like going to pep-boys now!If you dont tell them year,make,model,stick or auto,if it has a/c,if the taillights work,what color it is,you know all the stuff that dosent matter for thier little computer then you cant find parts for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

thanx for the thought though i did try them!

6. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

that sucks, at mine i just bought a new output seal for a 208.
    the one where i live has lots of smart old guys.

7. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

I think I found the part!I called up a truck repair shop they do driveshafts,springs,inspections,axle repair mostly commercial truck stuff but the driveshaft guy there thinks he has what i need ill know 2morrow.
    Thanx for all you help!!!!!!!1 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif