Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft interchangeability??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2Blazer, Jun 28, 2001.

1. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'm going to the junkyards soon to pick up some spare parts for my '90. I want to get a set of driveshafts and wanted some quick advice and information which might save me some time finding the right parts.

1. Are all of the front shafts, including those from pickups, pretty much the same?

2. For the rear shafts, I know there are obviously length differences, but are the slip joint ends (where they go into the t-case) the same on vehicles with 208 t-cases including 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. I can have shafts lengthened/shortened pretty reasonable (and I need my stock driveshaft lengthened a little anyway).

I would also like to have full 1350 joints on the rear shaft (to match up with the 14 FF yoke). Would a mid-80s 3/4 ton truck have 1350 joints on the rear shaft?

The local junk yard down the street is really cheap and I know they have a couple of mid-80's 3/4 ton trucks sitting around, that's mainly why I'm asking..........

thanks