Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft interchangeability

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nov 28, 2000
    I noticed the front shaft on the 78 (NP203) is toast (the fine splines are almost stripped). I got a quote of $175 to respline it (coarse spline) with new Spicer parts and u-joint (CV look OK?). Question is I have a couple of good spares from NP205 equipped rigs ("pack-ratting" has some advantages /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ) that should fit, but not sure if the flanges (T-case end) are compatable. I could unbolt the one in there now and try inserting a 205 one, but that's trial by error (not that I haven't used that method /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ). Anyone know, searching turned up a ton of posts that don't address the issue?
  2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    If they are both the flat flange version then the flange should have the same bolt circle and index hub measurements, i have the CV from and 86 stuck to the front of my 77 205, with a 77 eldorado cv stuck to the back of my 205 with a dodge flange, all in my 75 blazer too!, and all of them use the same bolt circle and index hub, So not that im a driveline expert or anything but if all that stuffs the same then ya it should fit. Now if you have a spicer style cv then thats i little different. Good luck.