Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft mounted e-brake

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Triaged, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

With all the stuff all of you guys & gals have done there has to be someone who has done this.
    I want to put one in because it will work on all 4 wheels and I don't trust just puting it in park (I might also do a NV4500 conversion). I don't think it should be that hard to do on a fixed yoke np205. I'm thinking a Wilwood mechanical calaper, a plate steel disc, caliper mounting bracket, and cable mods. I did some searching and found they used to be on Jeeps, some motor homes have them, Highangle driveline is looking into making a kit.

What do you think?

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

When I installed my TSM kit on 10 bolt a few years ago they had some other options in a cataloq they sent me of kits that they had and some were kits for driveshaft brakes. What you are talking about is like the old HMMWV.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Does TSM have a web sight? Thanks for the quick Reply.

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I don't think so, but their phone # is 303-688-6882 or email atr TSM MFG@aol.com.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jesse at Highangle Driveline is working on one - don't know if it is production yet...
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.highangledriveline.com/>http://www.highangledriveline.com/</A>

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

With a locker what will you do about the slack in the locker? Even with the brake set you could roll the truck back and forth probably 8".

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Hum...I never thought about that. I could just go with a spool than (I think I would rather have a spool anyways). The only prob I could see with the slack is in a parking lot where it could roll into another car (my blazer rarely sees parking lots).