Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft Needed ASAP

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Polaris, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Well I went and did it. I wrecked the shaft that I got about a month ago. Smooth, huh? It's the rear shaft out of a '90, auto, NP241 but a NP208 will work. I don't even need the first section with it that has the slip portion. We are reduced to sharing one little car again til it's fixed /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifi have a rear shaft out of an 88 it might need new u joints i know i have talked to you be for about some thing but i cant remember i live in southern mn and i see you are from wi if that is any where near the twin citys i am going to be up there this comming week end and may be we could meet some where near there but if you are not close to there we can ship it make me an offer it is just sitting in my way and if there is any thing else you might need e mail me i have some parts form an 88 k5 that i am parting out /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

if you do not need one with the slip i know some one that will help you with one. might be 35-45 + ride??

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Ouch, how did that happen? I picked up a lengthened drive shaft from wayne with 1350 yokes on it a week or two ago. I won't be able to use it until spring, so you are welcome to use it until you can find a replacement. Let me know if you wanna work something out.

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm embarrassed on how it happened, and therefore can't accept your generous offer of letting me borrow a driveshaft. I'd probably kill it. I installed a u-joint incorrectly. I thought I was doing fine. Everything *seemed* ok but I didn't make it to work and back. I had to get pulled home the last mile. There was a vibration since I installed that replacement shaft and I figured it was just a simple matter of replacing the u-joint. Next time I install a one I will have Trevor supervise me, to make sure I'm doing everything ok. When this one let go (the day after I changed it), the shaft hit the muffler clamp, denting it. Also the rear yoke got bent. We are back to sharing a vehicle, and I am having very little luck finding anything locally! So that is what happened. I'm a moron.
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. nofeartruckin00

Nah, its all a learning experience, you just had to learn the hard way. Don't be too down on yourself, atleast you do the work yourself. Goodluck finding a new shaft!

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I have one out of a stock 90 for cheap if it will help. I think it has good u-jionts also. Let me know.

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hey guess what? I fixed it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Took her out for a backyard test run and all seems fine! Now it's just the normal vibe I've had since I lifted it. I'm a happy camper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thank you, but I guess for now I'm alright! I plan to go with a beefier shaft next year, when I get hubby's 3/4 ton axles. Soon as he finds 1-ton stuff I'll be upgrading /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice hand-me-downs, huh?

10. nofeartruckin00

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Those are the best hand me downs ive heard of! Good to heard its back up and rolling.