Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jun 23, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

i just installed my 4 in lift, and neither the front nor rear drive shaft ft now. They need to be longer. Has this happed to anyone else with a 4 in? Is it possible i was sent a much bigger lift. It fit 35's with no problem what so ever

2. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

Well i installed a 4" lift and I droped my trans so the rear shaft fits fine, it probably would have fit with out the drop just lots of angle and the front drive shaft is an inch too short al the way extended so i might need a new one. i got the 4" rough country lift, on my 82 6.2 Blazer
    Sergio

3. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    i have a 6" and have no problems until I get really flexxy

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A>

4. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I have A 82 with a 4 inch lift and and the transfer dropped and they both still fit.

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I did a 4" lift and my front drive shaft had to be lengthened... There is one or 2 others that had this problem as well, but I haven't heard of any with rear drive shaft problems.

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I think it really is just bad luck and seems to be random. I am actually in the process of installing a Rough Country 4" lift. I have the front done and haven't dropped the TCase yet. But, when the suspension was fully extended, my driveshaft didn't have any problems. I will be putting on the rear springs and dropping the TCase tonight.

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers