Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft Qs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Jan 27, 2003.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Where can i get dirve shaft parts, like the weld yokes, the tubing, the slip splines, etc. also im going with a 6" lift and swaping to a d60 front. could i use the stock shaft? i know that on the d60 swap you need to get a shorter shaft. and with the lift i need a longer one, will i need to get it shortened/lengthened or will stock work.

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

how do you like this answer
    well it all depends on many factors
    to start with what ujoint size u wanna run ?? 1310 ,1350 or 1410 i think i got em right
    then its all about how high u gonna go and the amount your gonna drop your t case ( if at all ) then its all about if your going to re weld or change your pionion agle at the axle front and or rear then deciede if you r gonna go fixed yoke or use a slip yoke eliminator
    so when you deciede all that repost the ?? and post a needed in the wanted form
    i am sure some body can - will help ya
    oh yea and from the for what its worth dept.
    I HIGHLY recomend your first investment is the 25.00 it takes to join this site it took me over a year as a bluebe to deciede to join wish i would have done it sooner if none outher then the fellow members take you a little more seriously
    i know i just set my self up on that statement but its all good
    Randy