Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft question - Drivelineman?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Chris, Aug 6, 2006.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

so, i finally got some time to put my junk back together..... i put in another 700r4, SYE on the 241, HAD 1350cv shaft w/ 1410 pinion, 1410 yoke, diy4x flip w/ 56's and 6" shackles, BWP 1.5" zero rates, and i have the axle moved to the rear 2.5" by installing the 56's backwards, and moving the axle back up 1.5" w/ the zero rates. and i got some bling bling brakelines from Xtreme Crawlers and those fancy greaseable bushings from ORD.

here's my question..... i put the new HAD shaft in, i believe it was made correctly to the measurments that i was told to measure, but it has about 3/4" of inward travel before it bottoms out. is that normal? or should i worry about it bottoming out? IF it is a problem, then i can, (and would almost like to) move the axle back another 1/2". I will call Jesse if I don't get an answer here, just thought i'd get opinions here first. anyways here's the pics...

torch 011.jpg

torch 013.jpg

torch 017.jpg

torch 018.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't think that is enough for compression. Better wait for Jesse to reply or call him like you said.

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I only have about 1.5 inches showing in mine and thats plenty but that looks a little short

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

It should be set up with 2" of compression. I don't work for HAD anymore....but I did set up hundreds of shafts like that...all with 2" of compression.

5. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

i talked to Jessie the other day, and he said he likes to see minimum of 1.5"..... i'll move the axle back another half inch, if that don't do it, i'll try putting it at the full 4" to the rear. i'm actually glad it turned out this way, i could use some more wheelbase.

6. fright98

fright98 Registered Member

I just got the front and rear from HA and they are both long. the front looks just like your pic. I will call HA later today and see if he can make them a little shorter