Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft question, figured it out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I figured it out, all I have to do is move my flange over to the 205 shaft where the joint/straps are now. It was easy once I sat and thought about it, guess I should engage my brain, or maybe my mother dropped me /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I went wheeling last night and had a terrible sound from the front end and no front drive, had a buddy shine a light under and the front driveshaft was just spinning at the fixed yoke, so I am pretty sure I stripped the spines off the shaft /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. I guess the 38.5's finally finished off my wore out front shaft, I did not even wheel it hard /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So I have a line on a front shaft from a NP205, I am running a NP203 part time, the big problem is that shaft from the 205 had a yoke on the front output and I have a 4-bolt flange. Is it possible to take the CV apart on the 205 shaft and swap the parts from my 203 shaft over to make it work with my output flange? I would think that between the 2 shafts I could come up with the right parts, but I am not sure if the ends are the same for the swap.

The second question is, how much length diffence is there between a 205 and a 203 shaft, I would think the 205 shaft would be a little shorter due to a shorter case length, but I might be wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks,
    Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Re: Driveshaft question, not angle related, carnage related

I have no idea as to your combination concept but, I was thrown once by my Mom. Does that come close enough?

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

3. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thrown once by my Mom

[/ QUOTE ]
    I knew someone would have a smartass reply for that siggy, I was just waiting for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. justhorsinaround

No really. Had somethin to do with a Wolf Spider and bath time. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Prolly has a lot to do with my, ummmmmmm, eccentricities.

Allan

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If I were her I would have thrown you at the spider so it would die! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. justhorsinaround

It was a panic moment, self preservation, flight kind of a deal. Ah well, such is life. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Allan