Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft Rotor/brake system info needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trukman1, Apr 23, 2002.

1. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

I'm totally oblivious to how this is done. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Gary

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

parking brake? or pinion mounted a la rockwell conversions?
    I have seen a friends mud racer that has a ~1/4" plate welded to the rear yoke on the 205 and he runs a common chev caliper on it as his only braking.
    for parking High Angle uses their flange style output yoke as the mounting point for a laser cut rotor.
    I am thinking about looking to use the ujoint mounting straps as the attachment for a rotor as I am unsure I would want to weld to the yoke
    that what you had in mind?
    want some links to calipers?

3. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

m j, I am thinking of rear disc brakes but not sure about the new things I'm hearing about T/C rotors, calipers, etc. I guess this is the same basic concept used on the military axles only attached to the T/C. Right now I'm trying to figure out a cost effective way to have rear discs and still have a reliable e-brake system too. From what I read, the caddy e-brake system isn't highly regarded by many as being adequate on large trucks. Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status