Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft shop in Dallas area?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Oct 15, 2001.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Can anyone recommend a shop in the Dallas area to have driveshaft work done? Does anyone have any experience with The Offroad Shop in Garland?

DJ
    78 K5

2. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

Darrin,
    I have had driveshaft work done at the Offroad Shop in Garland. They can definitely do almost any kind of driveshaft work for you. The prices are good for the labor, but a little high for parts. All in all, you will be happy with them.
    See ya, JT

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Try Stan Hopkins Company on Hwy 175. 214-398-0636

90K5

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Don't know 'bout Dallas but on Sylvania in Ft Worth , 1 mile north of interstate 30 is a driveshaft shop thats damned good, plus he wheels too! so he understands things that most driveshaft shops don't!!!!!!

Still a very pissed-off
    White Knight

5. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I don't know where you are located, but there is a good one in Mesquite off of 635 and Military their name is Drive Train of Mesquite, their # is 972-216-1214. I have had some work done there i the past and was not let down in any way, they do custom work and balancing as well. I had a strret racer done but I'm sure I will need some more work done once I get my lift in.

<*)))><

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!
    I see a 6 inch lift in the near future!

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I've had several different driveshafts built at Oxley's on Industrial.....there's a shop in Richardson over near TI to stay away from (sorry, can't remember the name), and I had the shaft for my current truck built right here in McKinney .....if a shop starts telling you stories about how you need a new yoke because a ujoint fails, run from them unless you know you have done something to clang your yoke.....trust your common sense, they make lotsa cash off scare tactics around yokes......the Off Road Shop in Garland does run a little high IMHO.......the best Alignment/front end shop is Dallas Frame and Alignment over on Harry Hines.....I go there even tho I live North of McKinney........Sunday's alignment in Farmers Branch are the worst example of rip off artist I have yet encountered.......most of which has absolutely nothing to do with driveshafts, I was just on a rant.......BTW, the Driveshaft shop in McKinney is also a Skyjacker dealer.......JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Is the place near TI called Drivetrain Warehouse? Someone told me about it, but I never found it when I looked, but it was suppsoed to be around there.

90K5

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That may be it......this is maybe 7 yrs ago.....it was in one of those miniwarehouse/shop/office type places near TI......I just wanted some Ujoints pressed in...(I had cut my hand badly at work)......they started in on how my yoke had cause most of my trouble and I needed some special balance done since my shaft was a 4wd type.....new yoke and all was about $200.....I walked away, and took most of a day to change both joints with my bad hand.....

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..