Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft shop?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by outlaw612, Mar 30, 2003.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of a good driveshaft shop in central IL? Ill be installing my SYE and clocking my 208 in a couple of weeks, so Im gonna need new shafts, and cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

no idea on the driveline shop, but would you want to write an artical on the 208 clock work? I'm kind of interested /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ill try. Im still not positive how its gonna be done. Im gonna start by doing some cutting and rewelding on the stock adapter. Once I get all the measurements down, Ill probably try to cut the adapter out of a solid piece of steel. Ill keep ya updated.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ill probably try to cut the adapter out of a solid piece of steel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes that will be heavy and take a while to machine! Why not try one of the stronger aluminum alloy's? Would be alot cheaper in the end after all the machine work (unless you already own the machine shop?) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im debating on using alum., but I dont know anywhere locally to get the big chunk. I think Im gonna have access to a machine shop, so the time wont be a problem.

Im also considering making 2 plates, 1 with the bolt pattern for the trans and 1 for the t-case pattern and welding them to a piece of heavy wall pipe to creat the proper length needed. This would be the most cost effective way probably, and the easiest.