Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft slip shaft interchangability?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Sep 5, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I need to know if the slip part of 2 different spicer drive shafts will interchange. I need to put the 1330 series end from a rear shaft I have onto another shaft that had a 1350 series end. I then need to take a 1310 end off another shaft and put the 1350 series end on the one that had the 1310. Confusing you say? All I need to know is if the slip part of a 2 piece drive shaft will interchange through a few different sizes and years of GM models. I'd hate to start pulling things apart and have them not fit back together the way I want. Thanks for any advise as usual /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you have a 1330, it didn't come from one of these trucks.

Spline count and size of slip on yokes varies on these trucks, some are fine, some are coarse, etc., you'll just have to try it in other words.

3. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    If you have a 1330, it didn't come from one of these trucks.

Spline count and size of slip on yokes varies on these trucks, some are fine, some are coarse, etc., you'll just have to try it in other words.

[/ QUOTE ]

1330 is 12 bolt right? Maybe it's a 1310 I'm just trying to remember without going to the garage and measuring. I'm putting a 1350 yoke on my D60 front and I want to use the slip shaft from a rear driveshaft on it. I'm also putting a smaller yoke on my rear shaft because my t-case doesn't have 1350 like my 14 bolt and I am out of cash for another yoke... Driveshafts are such a pain, almost makes me want to convert to chain or belt drive sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

12 bolt uses a 1310 just like your front pinion joint uses.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't know what year truck he's working on but i looked at his profile and if he's working on the 89 then it will have a 1330 in the rear.

6. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know what year truck he's working on but i looked at his profile and if he's working on the 89 then it will have a 1330 in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't any parts of my drive train or suspension left from the '89. But it is going on that chassis and what's left of the body. I'll be using 1 shaft from a '79 K5 with an SM465/205, one shaft from a K20 shortbed with a TH350/203 and one shaft from an '87 K5 with an SM465/208.
    I have the SM465 and 205 from the '79 K5 in my rig but I'm using the K20 rear shaft since I stretched my wheelbase that much /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I don't think the u-joint on the back of a K20 with a 203 will fit my 205 so I'm going to take the yoke end off the driveshaft that was originally on that t-case and put it on the K20 driveshaft. As for the front, I was going to take the 1350 series end off the K20 shaft and put it in place of the 1310 end on the front shaft for my D60. I was going to take a 1350 yoke off a D60 rear at the JY next weekend.

'79 K5 rear shaft end to t-case + K20 shaft to 14 bolt

K20 short side slip shaft + '87 K5 front shaft to D60

Do I make any sense??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I need an AutoCAD program at home!!!

[​IMG]