Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft sources

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Swanson52, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Who has had new driveshafts made, where did you have it done, and were you happy with whomever did the shafts? I need new ones and I plan to put a cv fixed yoke in the rear, and am looking for a good place to have it done.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

High Angle Driveline. I hear Jesse does great work. Everything I have ever seen of his looks to be top quality. I have heard Tom Wood is good to, but I have heard complants about him. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about High Angle. This is if you are looking for custom made pieces, and you never plan on needing new driveshafts.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had mine made at Arizona Drivelines. They both have 40 degree cvc joints with 12 inch splines. He said that he would warrenty them if I ever twisted it apart and I shattered the rear cvc and he claimed that I had bottomed out the driveshaft and that is what broke it. I called bullshit because there is about 5 inches of spline showing. Anyway other than that I have been real happy with them. I have mud raced for two years on them and have a moab trip on them with no problem. The cvc breaking occured right after I got them. The total cost was around $750. That was for two drive shafts with 40 degree cvc's, 12 inch splines and a cvc yoke for the rear of the transfer case. Just make certain that you keep the reciept and know exactly what he will warrenty. I also hear that High Angle drivelines is a decent place but I dont know what their prices are. Good luck in your search.

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

5. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I have had a poor experience with the customer service from Tom Woods. In fact I think they screwed me. I am getting things worked out right now and they can still change my mind, but I will have to see what happens. As far as the quality goes it hasn't broken yet but I really didn't do anything that would put it in great strain. I wish I went with Jess.

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Registered Member

denny's drive shaft. i had a front one made for my 87 1/2 ton a few months ago and i must say that it is great. they have a chart on their website that helps you find all the info on what you need to order thru them. plus they have a guarantee that if you ever break a weld they will replace it for free. plus if you ever want it overhauled, they will do the labor for free. check out their web site. www.dennysdriveshaft.com if that doesn't work, look it up in one of the search engines.

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Registered Member

oh, just read one of the top posts. $750, holy S$%# man, i paid $340 with all the tax and shipping included. i wish i had $750 to throw around on a driveshaft. LOL

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think the $750 was for two shafts plus the flange for the t case. At least that is what I am gathering from his post.

9. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Arizona Driveline did mine. 295.00 before shipping. 1310 style cv. Works great for me...
    Jim