Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft Spacer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gotchevys?, Oct 16, 2005.

1. gotchevys?

gotchevys? Registered Member

I have recently purchased and 89 suburban. I have installed a 4 inch front springs and 4 inch rear spring with a 1 inch block. The problem I have is that now the front drive shaft is to close to the crossover pipe on the exhaust. I think someone mentioned a 1 inch front drive shaft spacer in a forum at sometime. I believe if I space the driveshaft forward 1 inch it will solve the problem. Does anyone know where I can get this spacer? Thanks in advance for your help. :burb: :usaflag:

2. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I suggest getting a muffler shop to move the crossover pipe. It is cheaper then a spacer and even if you have the spacer it might hit still on full drop.

3. gotchevys?

gotchevys? Registered Member

Driveshaft spacer

The driveshaft does not hit now but it is close. If I move it forward 1 inch it should solve the problem. As far as it hitting on full drop I don't forsee it Being an issue because the pipe runs under the drive shaft back close to the crossmember so there hopefully should not be a whole lot of travel back that close to the pivot point. Also this Sub is used primarily as a driver and a tow rig so there will be no intentional full drop. I put a lift just like this and the transfercase dropped 1 inch on my 89 jimmy and did not have this problem. :dunno: :burb: :usaflag: