Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft spacer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lt61173, Jan 30, 2004.

1. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

Do any of you guys use front driveshaft spacers? If so pros and cons and where to buy? Thanks.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I use one. I didn't need it until I swapped in my D44 - then the splines just started to show out of the shaft, so I decided to put one in (I'm running 4" lift). Superlift is the only company I know of that makes them. I bought mine from www.ultimate4wheeldriveperformance.com

Oh yeah, with tax and shipping, it was $67.10

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've got one. My BDS 4" lift ended up being closer to 6-7" in the front. Had about 1.5" of the splines showing. I got my spacer from 4wheel parts for $43.70 (can't find the receipt but I bought it a 86$ body bushing kit that was on sale and had the whole thing sent for 136.xx)

I think mainly its used to get the driveshaft angle out past the crossmember and factory exhuast ypipe /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I got my spacer from 4wheel parts delivered for $43.70

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I got taken. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I got my spacer from 4wheel parts delivered for $43.70

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I got taken. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I added a comment at the top ^ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    (it was shipped with a body bushing kit, there was a $12 4wheel parts performance something charge (I think because I had them ship it ASAP) I still can't find the receipt /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif