Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft (tranny, transfer case) parking brake setup

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by dremu, Aug 25, 2006.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I bought this stuff from TSM some months ago, messed with it, and could never mount the caliper square enough to the rotor to have it work.

I was putting it on my 2WD tow rig, and in retrospect, it's prolly cuz the caliper mount was bolted to the tranny crossmember, not the tranny itself. :doah:

Anyway, I finally just bought some Caddy calipers and was done with it.

So, it's a nice stainless :eek1: rotor, for a 1350 yoke bolt pattern, as found on my 2WD TH400. I can measure it and might be able to find the TSM part # for you if that's important. It's one of these:

http://www.tsmmfg.com/Pinion_Mounted_Parking_Brakes.htm

There's also their large mechanical caliper:

http://www.tsmmfg.com/7211.htm

The pads are scuffed a bit, but should clean up nicely, and worst case are replaceable. The rotor is essentially new, as I never got the truck out of the driveway with this.

I would imagine that this setup should work nicely for someone willing to do a little fab work to make it a t-case setup ... but unless you have a gnarly body lift, I don't see it going onto a tranny.

I'd keep the stuff and put it on my trail rig, but I've already got Caddy calipers on it and they work well enough for me to not mess with them.

Looks like I spent $300+ ... I'd take $150 with the ride, if one of y'all can use it. Trades are possible, though I donno what I'm looking for at the moment... PayPal, checks, whatever. I've got like 300+ FB on Ebay, and lots of people will speak for me.

Shoot me a PM or email me on dremu-at-yahoo-dot-com.

Thanks!

-- A

driveshaft-parking-brake-bracket-5.JPG

yoke-mounted-rotor-2.JPG