Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft u-joint

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by suntadz, Apr 19, 2007.

1. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

I was going to swap in my 14ff this weekend and was just wondering about the ujoint. I got the conversion one so the yoke part with the straps no problem but how do i get the other end out of the driveshaft? Hit one end out till i can pull the cap? Or should i pull out the driveshaft and take it somewhere to press it out? and if i do take out the shaft is there anything i have to do? or just pull it out and push it back?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you haven't done u-joints before you should take it somewhere and have it done or at least have someone show you the proper way to take it apart. Yes, you only need to pull the shaft out then once the u-joint is changed just slide it back in and bolt it up.

Where in the bay area are you? I'm in fremont and do this for a living. If you're not too far from me then i'd say bring it to me and i'll show you how it's done.

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

Hijack on- Just curious, where do you work? I have some friends in the area, and they were asking me if I knew any shops out there.
    Hijack off

4. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

Sweet. thanks for the offer. I live in walnut creek so i think it might be a bit far since i working out of my driveway. thanks for the tip.

5. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The name on the building is Total Auto Parts. I own the machine shop in the back of the store. My shop name is Fremont Auto Parts Dist., Inc. Commonly refered to as Fremont Machine.