Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft vibe

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guz71, Jan 26, 2007.

1. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

I did a search on it but i would like some personal feed back. When i bought the truck it had 6 inches of lift and stock axles. When it was in that form i had a 700r4 swapped and new driveshafts(both with slip yokes and the front one is a cv) made(im running a 203 with a 2 inch spacer between the tranny). I swapped in the 1 tons and made it about 8 inches of lift. Now i have bad vibe coming from u-joints on the rear drive shaft after about 45-50. I put in a 4* shim and it didnt even phase it. Do yall think it will be possible to shim it correctly and eliminate vibes. I understand cv shafts, but dont the angle have to be within 2*-3* of each other? I really dont want to have a new shaft made because i already have a new one and later i want to swap in an atlas.opinions please?I think i might take it to a 4wd shop and let them do it, or am i wasting my money?

2. warhorse

warhorse Newbie

The pinion angle needs to be within 3* on a cv shaft.

3. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think If your going to Really put in an Atlas, I wouldnt waste your $$ On a new shaft unless you have no other transportation.

4. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

Im really going to but it will be atleast 2 years probably. Its my daily driver as well.