Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft yoke help needed, pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, I have an hour to get to the salvage yard, which is 1/2 hour away, before they close for the weekend. I am putting my dented driveshaft back in to see how bad of a vibe I have - if it's worth the $100 the yard wants for a used one. Cash isn't real abundant right now! So I wonder, aren't there supposed to be tabs on this yoke?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I thought some sort of tab retained the u-joint in there. Now I am very confused. Thanks for any help. I'll wait here for a reply. Not much else I can do anyway!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah...they generally have tabs on the very outside to hold the caps in....but if you get a u-joint that has c-clips that go on the inside of the yoke, you should be fine (most replacements are sold that way...except for the front driveshaft ones, where the clip goes on the outside of the cap). The yokes came with tabs because the u-joints put in at the factory had that plastic injection on the driveshaft ears, but nothing to hold them on in the yoke.
    Hope that helps/makes sense.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I can't see where any tabs broke off, so I think you have the design that uses c-clips on the inner part of the u-joint caps. Those clips then fit against the inner edges of the yoke and hold the caps in place. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thanks you guys! She's back together and I took her out in the snow for a test run. Yeehaww!! Snow-mo-wheeling

Alright, time to go clean it out and put the car seat back in for the little guy. Fun!