Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ROCKBUGGYK5, Mar 5, 2001.

1. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

hey guys i need some help, i am in the middle of my project and i just ran into a problem, well here goes i am runnin a 79 k5 blazer with a 14bolt ff and dana 60 front and gay 5.5 inch blocks in the rear for now, and 4inch tuff country spring up front with ord shackles, well heres the prob i hooked up the rear of the driveshaft to the 14 bolt with the hybrid joint and when i went to hook it up to the t case end it was way to short, it wouldent come close, ohh ya it has a turbo 350 and a np203, well heres my question the front is not done it has the springs and shackles on but no axle or tires the springs are just sitting on the ground, the rear is all done the 38.5 sxs are on so it sits reallll ass high,so heres my questions a. when i raise the front up to the same level as the rear will this make the drive shaft long enough. or b. does everyone that runs 5.5 inch blocks have to lengthen there d shaft. whats up here guys.......
    adam

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

2. ROCKBUGGYK5

plese HELP!!!!!!

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

How short are we talking here from the t-case.

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

4. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" lift and had to get the driveshafts longer i just measured the leangh and took them down to a drivline shop.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM>http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM</A>

5. ROCKBUGGYK5

so let me get this straight i have to get both d shafts lengthened with a 6 inch lift....they wont even hook up?....if i completely seperate mine in 2 peices the distance between the 2 is like 3 inches...but then again my frontend is about 2 foot lower so that may affect what do yall think?

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok if i am understaning you right here...your thinking is that if the front of your truck is lower its going to affect how long the rear shaft has to be....no try again...it makes no differance...run that shaft down to a driveline service and get ready to fork out some more cash for it....only way you are goin to get that old shaft to work is to lower it back down another 2 or 3 inches...other than that your goin to be out another few bucks with the shaft.

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"