Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveshaft ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77BLAZ, Apr 17, 2003.

1. 77BLAZ

77BLAZ Registered Member

On a 6 inch suspension lift do the driveshafts have to be extended. appreciate the info THANKS

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming by your name we're talking about a K5, right? Try a search of the forums (type in "6 inch lift" for all forums, "and" as the search options, and "all posts"). Reason I'm taking the easy way out by saying search is that this is a heavily covered topic, and also there are many ways around it (some people say they didn't even need to.)

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 1 inch spacer on the front to keep the front shaft from hitting the transfer case crossmember and the rear shaft was lengthened 1 inch.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    On a 6 inch suspension lift do the driveshafts have to be extended. appreciate the info THANKS

[/ QUOTE ] Yes

5. bigred17

bigred17 Newbie

Dude I just got my 6"lift on and I have no driveshaft problems and i fit 38" tsl. <font color="red"> </font> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif