Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driveway or garage for a night or two

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Oct 27, 2004.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm hauling my racemotor from Cleveland to Watson's place in CO. on Friday and continuing on to Los Angles and San Diego before I do the Baja 1000. Does anybody have any space for me to do some minor work on my Sub, ie. wire lights and radios and other misc. stuff before I head into Mexico. I'll be in the So. Cal. area on Tues Nov.2 www.rafforacing.com

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

What kind of suspension do you run? It looks like it can take abuse and not offer too rough a ride at high speeds. Awesome truck and good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. retroblazer

I reference the suspension on the racetruck as a conestoga wagon. It's just that simple, four leaf springs and a pair of shocks on each corner. Two fourteen inch stroke,2 1/2" Bilsteins at each corner in front and two 17" stroke, 2 1/2" Bilsteins in the rear. One of them is a six way bypass. The springs are a mixmash of suppliers. They were intially built by National, who I would never do business with again, modified by Deaver, very good folks, and now Alcan, who happened to be close to where the truck is being prepped in Colorado. I also have Bistein bumpstops on all four corners. Otherwise, there are no links. The rear axle is a 9" Ford with Sandy Cone full floating hubs and spindles, Summers Bros. 40 spline axles. The front is a Dana 44 out of a late seventies Cherokee. In prep for the thousand,we added Superior chrome-moly axles.

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I can't help you on the San Diego side but if you should need anything on the mexican side give me a call, I will PM you my phone number. I will be with Baja Pits in Guerrero Negro so if you guys need a bottle of water or your windows cleaned(ha ha) stop by and we will give you a hand, just look for a tall blond skinny guy, that will be me. I went to the Baja Pits information meeting yesterday and they said that the race should be faster this year, not as many slow rough spots as last year. On the other hand, sometimes Baja seems to be just one Big rough spot. Good luck, I will be looking for you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man if i was down there i would tottally help you out, sorry man , i love the BAJA looks like in going to get a chance to go to the 250 in FEB. pretty excited!! Whats your website?

6. retroblazer

The website is at www.rafforacing.com See you in San Felipe. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you going to be there for the 250? that would rock!!!

8. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Chris, your cross country jaunts are nutz! Say hi to Steve. Call me when your in town, you're welcome to the garage/driveway (driveway would be good for you) and tools. We are Prerunning the first 350 miles on the 6th and 7th if you want to tag along.