Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driving on the high way

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, May 29, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well not just the highway, but here it goes....if i`m going...say over 30...and i let off the gas completely, then hit it kinda hard, it sounds like it goes up a little in RPMS, down, and then back higher up....any idea?

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mine does that too, I think that it's just down shifting to gain momentum and then shifts back up.

-Avery

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

probably..

Its probably the lock up torque converter engauging and disengauging...assuming you have a 700R4 tranny..or it going into overdrive..

Easy way to see if thats it is to get it rolling at 45 mph,then apply the brakes just enough to turn the brakelights on..this will cause the converter to unlock,and you'll hear the rise in RPM's..then it will lock up again,and you'll hear the RPM's drop slighty,due to the "slippage" in the converter being eliminated when it locks up internally..

And yes,the tranny downshifts automatically when you floor it..goes into "passing gear",which is 1st, 2nd or 3rd,depending on the speed your going when you boot it..:crazy: ..