Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

driving sideways?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun89, Dec 13, 2005.

1. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

i put a 6" superlift on my truck, all 4 springs, and 38s....now my truck is crab walking down the road, is it just the alignment, or something more? i dont like it too much:confused:

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Alignment won't cause crab walk, something is out of square. Check to make sure the spring pins are in the holes, or anything else that would cause unequal measurments between the front and rear tires. Measure from front hub to rear hub on both sides, are they the same? If not, find out why. If yes, then measure diagonal (not easy) front to opposite right. that checks for "diamonding" which can result from a warped frame among other things...

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

when did you install 4 wheel steer? the other night!? musta not been paying attention...

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

So was it ok before the new springs? My SkyJacker rear springs have the holes moved forward from the normal location, I'm guessing for driveshaft length issues. Are your rear springs the same from left to right? Measure from the front spring eye to a place on the axle, the top of the threads of a u-bolt would work good. Measure the other side and compare.