Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Driving through Canada?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JimmyJuneau, Sep 30, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok Im thinking I might take the ferry to Prince Rupert British Columbia. Has anyone in here drive from there to Vancouver??? If you have how are the roads? are there lots of towns along the way? How long does it take to drive? Does anyone in here live along the way ???

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My cousin from Holland was recently here for my sisters wedding. Him and his wife rented a car and did a ton of driving through BC, including a drive up to Prince Rupert and then a ferry trip to Vancouver Island from there (15 hours on a ferry/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) The roads are just like anywhere else...ashphalt and painted lines./forums/images/icons/smile.gif They never had any trouble. There are plenty of towns between Prince Rupert and Vancouver, although most are smallish. Terrace, Vanderhoof, Prince George, Quesnel, Williams Lake, etc etc.

It's about 900 miles from Prince Rupert to Vancouver, count on 2 days and enjoy the scenery./forums/images/icons/smile.gif I live in Surrey which is a suburb of Vancouver. For border crossings there are 4 crossings near here. Sumas will put you out in God's land, Huntington will take you through Lynden and Bellingham before spitting you out on the I-5. Pacific is the truck crossing at Blaine and will put you on the I-5 immediately and the Peace arch is the crossing to take if you like long line-ups./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

For simplicity I'd take the Pacific crossing, although the huntington crossing is almost as easy. Sparky87K5 lives in Lynden...I'm no more than 30 minutes from any of the crossings except Sumas so I could meet you somewhere if you like. According to my cousin it's a really nice drive, but he's from Holland so anything bigger than a molehill is a photo-op/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene