Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drop Ball Mounts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Oct 1, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After searching locally with no luck, well except for the chrome ones with flame graphics /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif , I am looking for a 14" drop ball mount hitch for a 2" receiver in a Class IV-V range online. Anyone know where to find one? I know of one place here local that can order them from a company, but it takes like 2 weeks and I need this for this weekend. Anyone have any ideas?

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Holy twists of torque batman? A 14" drop? What are you pulling with this thing?

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I needed a 12" drop once. The local steel shop put one together for me in a few hours.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I got a 10" drop for the Blazer from my local 4x shop..............do you have a welding shop that installs hitches? They'd have it.............. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Only thing I'm towing is an 8x6 trailer. Yeah, my next step would be to hit up a welding shop local and see what they can do for me. I found one local that I can order but they say it takes like 3 weeks to get in... We shall see... Thanks for the help.