Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DROP BUMPER

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxk419, Jun 14, 2003.

1. mxk419

mxk419 Registered Member

I live in Penn. and I want to put a ridiculous lift/tire combination on my 90 Blazer. Can I put a 10" drop bumper and be legal. Will they measure from the bottom of the bumper or the frame because its an aftermarket bumper? Thanks

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

try calling your DMV to see what the height regulations are, some states its tire size, others its bumpers, and some its headlights...

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

In indiana it is to the center of the headlight, so my buddy who had a 86 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif w/ 10" of lift switched his headlights so the bottom was the low beam and the top was the high beam and that brought him back to legal height!!

4. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

i thing PA has a few different laws. bumper height, headlight height, tires size, and a few other things that you shouldnt do anyway, like double stacked blocks and such. but like mentioned call you dmv.

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

The only thing I have written down about Pennsylvania is that the rear bumper must be within 30" of the asphalt. I'd call the DMV just to make sure.