Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drop pitman

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by oatsk5, Nov 24, 2005.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

after looking at my steering (pitman arm to raised steering arm ive decided with the 8 " front springs il need a drop to eliminate the anlge that still exist can you guys get them and how much would i be lookin at thanx Ervin

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, we have a 2" drop, that's not a problem. They're $95.00.

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I hate to ressurect an old thread but I'm not seeing a drop pitman arm for a 4wd steering box on your web site. The only thing I can find is one listed on the crossover steering page, which I assume is for a 2WD box.

Am I missing something or have you stopped selling these or what?

I have a raised steering arm and an aluminum block in there now (from the p.o.) and I'm getting movement between the block and the knuckle. I'd like to get a dropped pitman to eliminate the block.

Thanks.

edit: I just read over on pirate that the drag link shouldn't be horizontal. Anybody able to confirm or refute this?

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

From the factory they are horizontal. When lifted they also should be horizontal for correct steering in both directions.

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

That's pretty much what I figured, too. The other fella had a compelling argument, though:

Figured it couldn't hurt to get some other opinions.

6. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

blitz blazer doesnt really look horz.. dont know what their net lift is though. and other crossover lifts with the bent drag link arnt horiz either. they have bent drag links but if you drew a straight line from one end to the other its not perpendicular to the ground.so what are we supposed to do :D :confused: http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3318&d=1073463327

7. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

FYI, we're talking about non-crossover steering. The link between the steering box and the left side knuckle.
    I'm running mine right now so it's parallel with the spring, not the ground.
    It's working great on the road. No bump steer, no wandering, no nothing. The only bad thing is that you lose some downward travel, so it might be an issue off road.

I picked up a drop pitman on eBay, so I'm ready to swap it in as soon as I need to.