Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drop steering arm?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by wnderbra, Mar 8, 2001.

1. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

I do'nt like the angle of my steering arm i have 6in lift with the correction arm. Is there a correction for the steering box arm I need about 2in

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

First, those arms are called "raised" steering arms when you lift it and change the arm to compensate for the angle.
    Second, if you have the 4" raised arm on it now, get the 2" drop pitman arm from Skyjacker. This combo works great with 6" lift. The Skyjacker arm part no. is CA50. It will cost about $75.00.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I would recommend leaving it alone. Having an angle on the draglink should give you less bumpsteer than if you ran it level. If you look at the motion of the axle as the suspension compresses, you'll see that if moves back as it goes up. This is due to the arc in the leaf springs. If your steering arm is level, the back end of it is going to FORWARD as the suspension compresses. This is what causes bumpsteer. Leaving the 4" raised arm on it with a 6" lift puts a little down angle on the draglink and lets it move back a little as it goes up. It matches the suspension motion better that way.
    If you're concerned about the angle on the draglink ends, use a 2" dropped draglink. They have a "S" shape to them to flatten out the angle on the ends.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD