Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

droped off at the tranny shop *pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I picked it up from the seller this morning after work and droped it off at the tranny shop.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

sorry about the $ity pics. All I had was my camera phone.
    I had this shop build a custom tranny for my 1997 Dodge 1 ton after I blew up the old one hot rodding a diesel:D. I think it makes more sense using a local shop with a strong performance reputation. Plus he will honor a 12k mile warrenty or 1 year. He said he would build it to handle 400 or so hp. Which I will probley never have. He built a th350 for the truck you see in the pic which has a built cummins TD.
    Anyhow, I have a lot of work ahead of me and I am sure I will be hideing around here in the future. Hopefully I will be a paying member by the end of the week. As soon as I can, I will get more photos.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same here, I built my 47RE in my '01 with a performance single disk and a modified valve body thinking that would be enough. 800ft lbs of torque has a way of changing that plan. Mine goes BACK to the trans shop for a triple disk and more line pressure.

YOu have a TH350 behind a BOMBed Cummins?

3. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Yep, it has an Allison TQ as well. Everyone said it wouldn't last a month. This is why I trust this tranny guy.