Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dropped t-case, now binding...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jun 17, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Jan 10, 2001
    I dropped the t-case using the factory spacers and now the linkage binds a bit. It doesn't feel as if it goes all the way into park, but it does. Also, when I put into reverse, there is a spot where my backup lights will and won't work.

I dropped the t-case to help with d-sahft angles but I ordered a High Angle Driveline. I am pretty sure I will have enough angle in the new d-shaft to raise the t-case back up. However, if I don't is it just a matter of adjusting the shift linkage and how would I go about doing that? What do I look for, etc?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    There's a little bit of adjustment right where the linkage attaches to the tranny. Use some wheel chocks to make sure the truck doesn't run over you if you turn the lever the wrong way while messing with it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Loosen the bolt that locks the shift rod to the shift lever on the tranny, put the tranny fully in park then put the shifter fully in park. Tighten the bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif