Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dropped transfer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scottsdalerob, May 10, 2005.

1. scottsdalerob

scottsdalerob Registered Member

im wondering if there is any alternative to just dropping the crossmember an inch to ease the angles on 10 or 12 inch lift in a chevy with a married unit. i had my transfer dropped for like a year but didnt like the slant it gave my engine. im wondering if there is a way or if anyone knows i can lower the motor mounts to make the engine ride level with the dropped transfer corssmember.

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i think trying to lower the engine would be more work that its worth. the angle of the engine after dropping the Tcase isnt that much. doesnt hurt the motor. also if you lower the engine somehow, it will increase the angle of the driveshaft @ the transfer case.

is this on a pickup or blazer? best way to get rid of the transfer case drop is to go with a CVjoint rear shaft.

3. scottsdalerob

scottsdalerob Registered Member

drop

ya it's on a pickup my k30. and you are right it doesnt hurt much i ran mine for a year with the transfer dropped about an inch. i saw another k 30 that had 15 inches of front suspension with the transfer dropped an inch and the motor still looked relatively level, way more level than mine did with same . i guess i shoulda asked him how he accomplished that! 15 inches is alot of suspension lift up fron. and yeah i know ill need a high angle driveline or something but dang that was a badass truck i saw , remember the 78 black k30 about 2 weeks ago on ebay outta missouri? 17 buy it now? it was def worth it.