Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dropping in the rebuilt 350 today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blownK10, Dec 31, 2004.

1. blownK10

blownK10 Registered Member

I would like some advice on getting the engine and the tranny and motor mounts all alligned to bolt up. The parts im dealing with is.... my 83 K10 blazer w/ 6 inch lift, dropping in the same but now rebuilt 350, will mate to the same rebuilt 700r4 with new tourqe converter, im using new motormounts (new but same type). the motor is in and sitting on the frame on its new motormounts, just not aligned up yet and not bolted together yet. any advice on this section? im thinking i need more hands, i got this far with 1 buddy but im thinking i need 2 more sets of hands... 1 under the truck on the tranny jack, one on the engine hoist, and 1 on each side of the engine with prybars wiggling it in to mate hahaha (trying to connect the engine and trannys male/female parts). IF someone has recently dropped in their engine - any advice on the lining up/ bolting up part would be appreciated. Once its in ill post pics and details - Its gonna be a REALLY good Blazer very soon. -thanks

2. flamin_browneye

flamin_browneye Registered Member

Did you buy all your rebuild parts seperate or did you buy a kit? If it was a kit where did you get it. I'm getting ready to rebuild my 350 and 700r4

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its not hard, you have so much room its not even funny,

get engine to hang as straight as possible before lowering engine to tranny

youll get it, no worries, i do them all by myself all the time, its not hard in the trucks and big cars,

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I did mine by myself as well. Just get up there and wiggle it and the pins will line up on the back and the motor mounts should slip right in. Just takes a little bit of patience.

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

you and a buddy can get it no problem or u can rent a tranny jack......makes it real ez. As long as the motor is bolted down you can do it by yourself if you got a jack and a flashlight. Just keepin movin it until u get in the pins.