Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dropping trans and transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kustom71, Nov 28, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Hey i was just wondering im gonna drop my trans and transfer case this weekend and was looking for some tips to making it go smooth ANYBODY??Also since i have it out is there anything i should do to the transfer case like change fluid if so what kind does it take?I never had any problems with it never any strange noises but im sur it hasnt been done in a while!Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif1977 k10

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

umm, if you got an engine hoist you could do it like i did (tech article /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) t-case fluid is 10w30. why are you dropping them?

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i use tranny fluid in my np241, i assume he has the stock 77 t-case, but i thought i'd throw this out anyway

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I use atf in my 208 also may want to check your manual on that.....Jason

5. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Thanx!Im taking the trans out to be redone.Trans guy is my budd so he can get it done faster and give me a deal.busy time of year for him.when it gets cold everyone thinks it will snow!!!!!!!!!!!So a 203 gets motor oil right? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanx!Im taking the trans out to be redone.Trans guy is my budd so he can get it done faster and give me a deal.busy time of year for him.when it gets cold everyone thinks it will snow!!!!!!!!!!!So a 203 gets motor oil right? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 203 definitely gets motor oil.