Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drove 1200 miles for another 75K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 75K5, Sep 2, 2002.

1. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

Well it was a long weekend. Friday night we left at 8pm from St. Louis headed to Atlanta GA. After I got lost and drove 100 miles out of the way, we were on our way. We stopped saturday at 5am to take an nap, and by 8:30am we were back on our way. We reached Atlanta by 11:30am. We bought the truck, and headed home. Got back to St. Louis by 10:05pm Saturday night. Spent the rest of the weekend recovering from the drive /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Here's the deal on the new truck. I already have 1 75K5 that I was planning on restoring. I found this one last week, and it was in much better shape than mine. It has 96K original miles, the owner has had it since 77, and they did a full frame-off restoration in 92. Everything on the truck works (including the power windows, R-134 A/C, and all gauges), and you can tell it has never seen rain or mud.

Now in about 3 hours my old Blazer will be sold on ebay. If anyone want's to bid last-minute, here's the URL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1854510711

That will give me some cash to play with this one. I already have my 02 tahoe 3rd seats and 02 silverado front seats that I want to put in this one. I'd also like to upgrade to a blown 383Ci with multi-port fuel injection and replace the stock trans and full time transfer case with a part time case mated to a 4L80e. The only other pressing thing is I would like to improve the responsivness of the steering. Probably hydro-assist or crossover steering. That should keep me occupied for atleast the next year, if not longer!

It's really nice to drive this one, it's almost like a brand new blazer. It was kind of an impulse buy, but for the price I didn't want to wait to think it over.

here's some pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

looks purty /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Looks to modern on the inside for a 75. Looks like my 91.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

That truck looks real clean, i really like the updated interior too. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Sir...i would drive 1200 miles for that 75 K5 any day! Sure is exceptionaly clean for its age..the interior has been updated to 81 up...however any 81 to 83 dash bezel would finish it off nicely....84 up lost the dash mounted wiper switch...and the newer bezel will cover up the hole between the pad and the bezel. Experience talkin. Really interested to see the 02 seats installed...saw a 72 burb with a full set of these seats installed...sweet!

If ya don't mind...what was the price tag?

Azblazer

6. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

Price tag was $6500. It was far cheaper than doing a frame off restore on my other one with all GM parts(not even including my time), so I couldn't pass it up. Subtract the $1500 I got for the 75 I just sold, and it was basically a $5K upgrade.

Here's what the new rear seats look like. Before I put them in I want to have them and the fronts stripped and have either graphite or charcoal leather instead. I don't mind the gray leather, but it really doesn't fit a black interior.

I also have the rear flooring pieces from an 02 tahoe so I can weld/brace them in my rear floorboard and retain the 1-2-3 flip and fold features.
    [​IMG]