Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drove a Cummins equipped rig last night...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, May 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I put this here to try and not start some stupid pissing match again.

I drove a 99 Dodge(24V Cummins with NV4500 5 speed) last night. Cleaning lady at the gas station I worked at just got one. She handed me the keys and I wasn't possibly going to turn her down. So I started out in Creeper gear, HA. Too used to my 350 rigs with bad rear gears. Was barely moving. So once we got to the street I put it in 2nd. I gave it a little throttle(expecting a bog) and when I let the clutch out I could tell there was no need for throttle. We went up a really steep hill, and had to stop at a light. I was nervous about stalling her truck, but I just let the clutch out in second gear, on a hill, and it just went. I'm in love my friends. Extended cab long bed, that turns pretty similar to my single cab long bed. I definetally need to get a Cummins or a Duramax after school. Quite fun to feel the boost come in.

I'd ridden in plenty of Cummins to forumlate an opinion, but being the first I've driven one :D

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Once you know Torque, you'll never go back.

3. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

I can fix you up with

a 450HP Cummins that you can drive all day (and lots of nights) all you want.