Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drove a J**p today for the first time

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Mar 22, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

well i drove a j**p wrangler for the first time today and let me tell you i am so glad to have my blazer, my blazer just does everything so much better than that stinkin j**p, just thougjht i would like to share that with everyone

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

well i drove a j**p wrangler for the first time today

<hr></blockquote>

And you admit it?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

yeah sadly i do, but man i cant believe how bad that thing drove, made my blazer seem like my moms cadillac

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

that's exactly how I feel when I dirve my brother's furd. Makes me glad to drive a Bowtie.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jeeps are cool...../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.............
    Yeah it all comes down to having chevy stuff. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The only jeep i have ever driven is my dads. <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/pismodunes4wheelin.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&amp;PhotoID=194>'75 Jeep CJ5</a>
    Chevy 327 Super T10 4 speed Lockers front &amp; rear paddle tires... Its a sand scrreeeeamer.
    And it out does my Blazer big time at pismo.
    If anyone happens to be down at pismo the same weekend as us, if you find me around pole 5 I'll get my dad to take ya for a ride and you'll think twice about that whole J%*P thing... IF its Chevy Powered that is. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Oh yeah... it aint street legal either. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I agree, they are not for me, I feel like I have to fold up to get in and out of them, &amp; they feel like they are about to turn over at any minute. I have friends that have jeeps, fords, dodges, and just about anything else out there so I have ridden in or drove just about every make out there, but as you all know there is no comparison to the big BOWTIE.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the only thing I like about jeeps is how narrow they are... thats pretty much it. I'd rather have a built sammy than a built jeep if I was gonna go on those narrow little goat trails tho. I will always prefer full size rigs, but if I wanted to get a lil toy, a sammy might be kinda fun,

J

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Uhhhhhh Jeeps. Last hunting season my buddys son insisted he drive us around in his new jeep. After 2 days of rattling our brains out. We had it. and were back in my K5 riding is comfort and style /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i have a k5 OF COURSE!! lol..ad my buddy who lvies behind me has a 94 wrangler..man that thing rides liek [censored]!! let me tell yoiu..they feel and are a tin can on wheels..i feel like im riding around in a damn sardine can in those! ..so chinsy and dainty...and then theres my big, roomy, soft feeling, A LOT smoother riding..more powerfull blazer..and its a chevy..NEED A SAY MORE!!??BUT jeeps CAN be nice..if you got CHEVY PARTS IN THEM..hahaha- i love that part..

Bryan

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I drove a heep once...once!!!

11. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I just drove a jeep for the first time yesterday, and I thought it was cool. Power steering, smooth ride, fully synchronized transmission... All the things I wish my Land Cruiser FJ40 had. It was definately quieter and had a smoother ride than my K5. I'll be getting the jeep in the next day or two and it will replace my K5 as my daily driver (time to put my swampers back on it, cool).

I'm not saying that jeeps are the best thing out there, but they do have a purpose. I don't plan on building it up, I've got an FJ40 and a K5 for that. It will do fine for light wheeling and taking the wear and tear of daily driving. At least until I get my VW Bug back on the road.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Lets see my dad has a 46 cj2a, 50 cj3a, 53 cj3b, and 3 cj5's. All I can say is they wheel pretty darn good the 50 cj3a is totaly stock and will go anywhere and it just put's along with it's flathead four. One of the cj5's has a stock 304 and 30" tires and will many places my blazer wont fit. Oh yeah there is also a 56 Willys pickup with a 454 that has no problem turning the 31's.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I road in a new heep 2 years ago. I did not care for it. It was too small, felt like it would flip over on turns out on the interstate, Also felt underpowered. I don't see any point to having one when my Blazer go's everywhere I want to go.

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Cab room in wrangler and cherokee is TINY... getting in it is hell ESPECIALLY if its lifted. I rather like the suspension. Its not too stiff or too bouncy. Thsi guy i know has a bumper sticker on his wrangler... "body by jeep, balls by chevy" he has a vortec 350 in it. And some 35x15.50 SX's. let me tell you taht is one sweet ride. Still a pain in the ass to get in to =X

15. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I don't own a K5 Blazer, but I own a 1980 1/2t 8' bed truck. I'm doing many of the things yinz do to Blazers, I do on my truck. I also own a 1954 Willys CJ3B with a Buick V6, Muncie 4spd, Warn Overdrive and D44 axles. I've owned many flatfender Willys over the years, and this one I've owned the longest, is the best. I wouldn't trade or sell it for almost anything. I love my Chevy truck, but I also love my Willys. Flatfenders forever!

16. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

I've been helping a friend look for a Jeep CJ-7 for a while, and I've been going on test drives pretty frequently. I love my K5, and I like some Jeeps. Most of the junk I've been test driving feels very unstable, and very underpowered.

I can appreciate a good trail Jeep, though, not to mention the newer Wranglers wouldn't be bad for daily driving and light off-roading. Jeeps have their strengths and weaknesses, just like any other truck.

17. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

You did not drive a real jeep.....I own a WW2 jeep, and it is a blast to drive.