Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drove a WRX today

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Jonny-K5, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

all i can say is DAMN!. for a little compact car, they got some nuts! its my GF's brothers car. he let me drive it around the neighborhood, little turbo 4cyl pulls like a frieght train from 4k to 7k. glued to the corners. after a few miles i told him i wanted him to drive, i wanted to see what it'd do with someone who's comfortable with it already. took me on some freeway onramps at about 80, that i'd never do more than about 40 in the blazer. and the tires never squealed once. couldnt believe this was a stock car. i cant imagine what an STI would be like.

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

If i ever get anythign close to a asian made car, that will be it.

I have serious respect for that car....as do i the other subaru's.

I think my parents are going to get my sister a used non-wrx after she wrecked teh grand cherokee.

Why buy a camery/accord when you can have awd?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I couldn't own such a thing... I work on Mitsubishis, that means I work on Evolutions(competitor of the WRX). Took an offramp at 80MPH today... hey the customer claimed it had a vibe at high speed, and he meant higher than 80MPH.

4. k5blazin

k5blazin 1/2 ton status

Wrx's are cool.. my friend just got a STI with intake and a HKS cat back and the thing pulls good.. Not as good as my 240sx though :D