Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drove the Jimmy!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Sep 29, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I took out the Jimmy last night. I still has no windshield, rear end is still screwed up ( The center pin and bolt are chewed up pretty bad so there is alot of play in it), no headlights, no taillights, no nothing. It was fun. I took it out to pull my buddy's 92 4runner out of the mud ( I know mud in AZ) They are doing construction by the house and they flooded a field so he went to play in it at 2 in the morning. It was a couple feet deep and he didnt know that. I drove my Jimmy right in the mud next to him, hooked up the tow strap and pulled him out without spinning a tire. He was amazed at what I just did that he is looking for a blazer or a Jimmy now. Another one converted.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

2. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

It is funny how all the down size trucks make fun of the fullsize.......until they see them work!!!!!!

chevrules...always has and always will

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

It is isnt it. He thought that he could never get stuck. He helped me get unstuck in the mud once. He was all proud of his truck after that. I was in the mud up to the top headlights and I could move, but there was a 2 foot vertical ledge I need to back up over and I couldnt so I used his truck to help pull me up a little thats it. I could have drove farther forward but it just kept getting deeper. He gets stuck if 2 feet of mud, heck I play in two feet of mud in 2 wheel drive with no problem.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

It's a K5 thing and I do understand.....LOL friggin little downsized crap....sorry.. I had to vent

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Your title on your post just had me flashing back to the first time I drove my 76' from the guy I bought it from. It was night-time..just remember being really stoked to have a big BEAST of a truck. Seemed to be 10 yards wide to drive down the road..cruising down the road listening to the V-8 rumble out the dual exhaust. Looking down on all the wimps who drove lesser vehicles. Went to the first gas station and threw in a 20. Got about half a tank...LOL!!! Took it over my buddy's to show it off. These trucks really are amazing in how they perform...I've yanked out jeeps like they are paper-weights, full-size Broncos without even straining, totally stuck pick-ups sitting on the frame and buried past the tires. People really under-rate Blazers until they see one in action. My one bud's K5 ended up being the all day long tow truck when our annual Father's day run turned into a break-fest....dragged out 5 trucks, no problem.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

6. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

Under rated is true.Most of the guys I know run bigblock fords,the funny thing is that when we go wheeling my bigblock Bowtie dominates.She is sooo sweet and powerful.