Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drove the K5 yesterday, ALMOST a stupid move!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, May 28, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well, we took the K5 to the in-laws for a cookout yesterday...came home had to stop at the gas station for some Milk...stopped at the red light just before it, see the good ol town police in the station- SH*t,,,, missing a seatbelt..not good..wait for the light to turn green, park on the other side of the station,,go in, ask the clerk- how longs that cop been sitting out there...her reply "that was the 4th vehicle he gave a click it or ticket to this afternoon, in this parking lot..".....GREAT...grab the milk- he pulls out- heads up where I came from- I run out jump in,,,try to get home quick..start heading up my hill- whose coming down- HIM..I give her more gas, after he passes..fly up the hill- look in my review--whose behind me- bout 3/4 way down the hill- HIM...fly around the circle- pull her in the driveway, grab the kids- OUT I SAY OUT....we all get out, shut the doors, and he goes by...LOOKS RIGHT AT ME....UUGGHHH he's gonna stop...all of a sudden I hear his radio squak out his window..YEAH he got a call! and away he goes...It's only a $10.00 ticket, but since It just got inspected WITHOUT the seatbelts, it would not be a good thing... My buddy who inspected it could get in some SERIOUS crap.....ahhhhhhh Mudnuri sits in the driveway until both seatbelts are in!!!

what a day!
    Brandy

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've worn seatbelts all my life. Everyone I've ever ridden with has worn their seatbelt. Is this uncommon? Are there a large number of people who don't use seatbelts? I mean I could see if they're not there, but if they are and you don't use them - why? Is it comfort or time or ... ? I'm curious /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'd ask one of the people I know about it but like I said, everyone I know uses theirs.

-Aaron

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I always wear my seatbelts, as do my kids, in carseats, etc.. however in VT, it was not a law until recently that anyone over 12 had to have one on...Lately the local cops have been cracking down on lack of seatbelt use, and it's actually turned up a lot of people with arrest warrants, defective equipment, DUI, etc... I believe thats why they are really aggressive about it now, along with the fact that the feds just released a ton of money for the "Click it or Ticket" campaign...Like I said, I wear mine, John on the other hand wears it about 80% of the time, he's 36 years old, if he doesn't want to - what can I do...my kids on the other hand, they know better..they wont even ride with anyone if they don't have their carseats, once time they wanted to go home with Uncle Joe, and Aunt Michelle- and because the car seats were in daddy's truck, which was at work, they didn't go.....and they are 4 & 5.Car seat law here in VT is 4'9" AND 80 lbs..not 5 years old like in some states... I'm not sure why people don't use them...I know the K5 will sit in my driveway until we figure out a way to get that passenger side belt hooked up...It may be awhile, but from now on - its click it or hoof it, it my truck..I'm the driver, I'm the one that gets the ticket...not the passanger...

Brandy

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Very seldom do I use seatbelts. I gess it's becouse when I grew up nobody used them. I don't even think about them unless I see a cop. Personally I think seatbelt laws are just another way they can give you a ticket. I think it should be your choice if you want to use them or not.

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I can understand that feeling about them being just another way to give you a ticket. I figure seatbelts for kids are good, but an adult I'm not worried about. They can wear it or not and I really don't care - I think police should be picking up the DUI's rather than the unbelted folks.
    So not using them is habitual, makes sense. Thanks for the input. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

seatbelt ticket's are 40.00 here in north dakota, which i like as they will somtimes trade you a speeding ticket for the (more money) seatbelt ticket.
    i also never wear my seatbelt, and have taken them out of my pickup's.
    it's MY choice not the government's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave

7. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

I only wear my seat belts in my Chevelle, but thats because it has a buzzer that goes off if either front belt isnt fastened. I've heard a lot of (true) horror stories about wearing them, and not wearing them so I figure it makes no difference. Also I dont think that police should ticket you for not wearing them, being over 6' tall most seat belts are real uncomfortable for me anyway.